termination with no payment for entire month

A

aryandelhi

Jurisdiction
California
I'm Aryan Kumar from India. On Feb 15, 2016, I joined Alcor Solutions, Dublin, CA. I was hired as work from home consultant. I found that they don't have enough amount of work, but they had been assuring to get me more work.

On Dec 31, 2016 they said me to discontinue since I didn't met their expectation. I was give a laptop that had some issue. I informed but they didn't reply. After termination they asked me to return the laptop, and final settlement will me made.

After 1 month they said that no payment will be made as they didn't receive good feedback from their client and also the laptop has some issues.

Beside it I was also asked to pass one test (I paid $150+$26 for it). The amount will be reimbursed.

Now they are not ready to make any payment.

Since I live in India I'm not able to get much info on legals in US.

Can I get some advice or help from you?

Can I get some advice or help from you?

Sorry, you might never get paid.
Why?
You'd have to come to the US, specifically Dublin, CA, to bring a lawsuit.
I'm sure it would cost you far more than what you might be owed to travel to the US from India.
You could sue the firm in India, but they're likely to ignore a lawsuit emanating from India, for lack of in personam jurisdiction.

I'm afraid the company will eat the cost of the laptop, as you will eat the alleged lost wages.

Sorry but probably not much you can do with you being in India & company in US.

Back