terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack3

I was terminated from my job, but didn't do what they said. I'm being denied unemployment and need to prove it. I can prove it by getting instant messages that were between me and CEO and VP of my ex-company. I can no longer access them on Skype. Can I subpoena them and/or do they exist somewhere? Who do I subpoena?

Also I would need to get past emails that were sent to me and from me during the time I was employed to prove other false information.

I was terminated from my job, but didn't do what they said. I'm being denied unemployment and need to prove it. I can prove it by getting instant messages that were between me and CEO and VP of my ex-company. I can no longer access them on Skype. Can I subpoena them and/or do they exist somewhere? Who do I subpoena?

Also I would need to get past emails that were sent to me and from me during the time I was employed to prove other false information.

Yes, you can subpoena information that will help you defend your case and prove your position.

You could subpoena Skype.

But, it might be easier to subpoena your employer's IT Department to produce the emails and/or Skype records that you are seeking.

Thanks Army Judge.
I was told by some others that I really just need to say what happened and that would be enough. This of course scares me because this is a question of my integrity and I'm still hurt over it. I know it's emotional response, but I had friends at the position and now feel I can't speak to them because it might get them in trouble.

Would you look at why they terminated me? Here's the wording and some of my comments:

Here's what they said in the letter;
failure to attend mandatory meetings; failure to perform in the role and suspicious activity that appears to "cover-up" that work was not being done; and falsely presented himself on career related websites as holding an elevated title/position within the company.

1) failure to attend mandatory meetings
I missed 2 meetings, out sick. Others had missed meetings and no one every told me I would be fired if I missed a meeting, nor were other reps fired.

2) failure to perform in the role and suspicious activity that appears to "cover-up" that work was not being done
I'm not sure what activity this is and don't know what they talking about. I didn't sell anything at this point, but was not required to until the following month...others hadn't sold anything either at this point.

3) falsely presented himself on career related websites as holding an elevated title/position within the company
This is what worries me. I was given permission to use a title via 'IM' since they wanted me to go after business relationships in addition to what I was hired for. This is in the 'IM' on Skype and I had it on email for a while. How can I prove I was given permission without the written evidence?

One of the reasons I want the emails and IM's is because I was working on an RFP and requested our policy and procedure that would be required. I emailed the request to the Director of Finance and HR (same person) and was told via email that we had nothing and it wasn't on his current list to get done. With this statement, how can I have done anything wrong? Even though I haven't

Thanks!

mack3 said:
Thanks Army Judge.
I was told by some others that I really just need to say what happened and that would be enough. This of course scares me because this is a question of my integrity and I'm still hurt over it. I know it's emotional response, but I had friends at the position and now feel I can't speak to them because it might get them in trouble.

Would you look at why they terminated me? Here's the wording and some of my comments:

Here's what they said in the letter;
failure to attend mandatory meetings; failure to perform in the role and suspicious activity that appears to "cover-up" that work was not being done; and falsely presented himself on career related websites as holding an elevated title/position within the company.

1) failure to attend mandatory meetings
I missed 2 meetings, out sick. Others had missed meetings and no one every told me I would be fired if I missed a meeting, nor were other reps fired.

2) failure to perform in the role and suspicious activity that appears to "cover-up" that work was not being done
I'm not sure what activity this is and don't know what they talking about. I didn't sell anything at this point, but was not required to until the following month...others hadn't sold anything either at this point.

3) falsely presented himself on career related websites as holding an elevated title/position within the company
This is what worries me. I was given permission to use a title via 'IM' since they wanted me to go after business relationships in addition to what I was hired for. This is in the 'IM' on Skype and I had it on email for a while. How can I prove I was given permission without the written evidence?

One of the reasons I want the emails and IM's is because I was working on an RFP and requested our policy and procedure that would be required. I emailed the request to the Director of Finance and HR (same person) and was told via email that we had nothing and it wasn't on his current list to get done. With this statement, how can I have done anything wrong? Even though I haven't

Thanks!

I see nothing in that correspondence that would redeem or harm you.

Without the actual messages, you can't prove or disprove anything.

You can try getting the originals.

Your best bet, if you're serious about this, is hire a lawyer.

From what I've seen, you have nothing other than your protestations and assertions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back