Terminated Asbestos

Status
Not open for further replies.

deskaiser

I hired a lawyer to represent me in a wrongful dismissal case involving asbestos. I refused to work around it and was fired. OSHA shut the job down and fined the contractor with many violations and I can never work at either the contractor or the facilty again. I was the whistleblower who got the job shut down after I was fired. I lost thousands of dollars in pay and had to find another job. This asbestos contaminated job site involved a huge national contractor working at a large industrial facility. It was Class I asbestos, the most toxic type. Both the contractor and the facility are publicly traded corporations on the NY Stock exchange.

My lawyer refuses to provide me with any information after I paid him and it has been over 7 months. I have nothing. No info as to the status, etc. The courts have no record that my lawyer has done anything in my name. Nothing. I got his name from the NY Bar lawyer referal line.

During my initial meeting with this lawyer, he mentioned that, in the past, he actually REPRESENTED the huge industrial facility that was responsible for the asbestos issues that got me fired. My question is: Was it ethical or legal for this lawyer to even take my case seeing that he had been the lawyer for the large industrial facilty that exposed me to asbestos? Also, other than filing a complaint with the NY Bar, what other options do I have? I don't have a lot of money but asbestos is killing people I work with as we speak and these are huge corporations. My lawyer will not return my calls, emails or certified letters. Opinions apprecited

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back