Temporary Restraining Order Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR012905

A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend of 4.5 years physically abused me and I proceeded to contact the authorities in New York. A temporary restraining order was placed on him, however charges were not pressed. We ended up making up within a few days and went on a short cruise out of the country together that departed/arrived in Florida this past weekend. Upon our arrival, a background check was done on his re-entry to the U.S. and it was found that he violated the temporary restraining order by being around me and was immediately arrested and taken to the local detention center under the false pretenses that the State of New York would be arranging to have him picked up and sent back to New York within a period of up to 2-3 weeks. A bail/bond of $1,000 was placed on his case with a pending court date in a few weeks in the state of Florida. His family is willing to pay the bail/bond, but is questioning whether or not it is possible to have the case transferred back to New York? If it is, how should they go about doing so? Please help! :confused: :dunno:

Obviously he should have an attorney. Ask them, and they will be able to tell you if this can be done, and how to go about it.

One thing I will tell you though, is get away from this guy. This is so typical of the pattern of abuse. He abuses you, gets in trouble, then comes back "Oh, I'm so sorry, it will never happen again", but down the road it will. Nothing stopped him the last time and nothing will stop him from doing it again.

Who's idea was the cruise? Wait, don't tell me. It was his, right? Again, typical of the pattern. Make up with some gift you can't refuse, just to lure you back. If you stay with him, he will hold that over your head. As I said, GET AWAY FROM HIM NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back