tdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdog

my manager doesn't let us sit, eat rest or drink. iwant to do something about how she opporates in the salon. she calls your name from across the room. she comments to people out loud in front of clients we all think she might be by polar. we even work through lunch but because we can't work over 5 yrs and not clock in we still have to clock in for lunch even if we didn't even have one.this is illegal. everyone is scared of her but im not i need legal advise to sue for harrassment.

Unfortunately there is no right to sue for an inconsiderate bipolar boss who generally makes your life hell by her poor social skills. The ability to leave is what your recourse is generally. With regard to illegal practices at work, you may be able to sue but I don't think this is the kind of a case most lawyers will take on contingency, meaning they'll take a percentage of the proceeds. I could be wrong but unless there is a significant quantifiable harm (a reason to award you a large amount of damages), the proceeds will be rather minor in contrast to the effort. If you do decide to leave, you may be able to sue in small claims and reclaim any lost time not paid that was taken from you during the course of employment. You may want to discuss the situation with your state department of labor and hear from them what might be accomplished...

http://www.dol.gov/esa/contacts/state_of.htm

I wish you all good luck and perhaps the rest of you may want to set up your own competing salon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back