Support Trust

boblink

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello, I have a question about a Support Trust that I would appreciate help with.
I would like to set-up a support trust for someone who is a Successor Trustee and wanted to know how to handle this in the event that they become the "next in line" Successor Trustee since they will have sole discretion for discretion distribution that they make from the Support Trust (i.e. there would be no checks and balances) ?
Thank you
Bob

Hello, I have a question about a Support Trust that I would appreciate help with.
I would like to set-up a support trust for someone who is a Successor Trustee and wanted to know how to handle this in the event that they become the "next in line" Successor Trustee since they will have sole discretion for discretion distribution that they make from the Support Trust (i.e. there would be no checks and balances) ?
Thank you
Bob
You should consult with an estate planning professional.

You should consult with an estate planning professional.

Do seek professional advice for important legal and financial matters.

This sentence is horribly garbled and makes relatively little sense. However, I can tell you two things unequivocally:

1. Unless you are an attorney, you may not legally set up a trust for anyone other than yourself.

2. If you're asking us to tell you how to do this, that's way beyond the scope of what you can get from an internet message board. The person who wants this trust set up needs to be speaking with a local attorney about this.

Back