Support Team Refusing to Send Chat Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxxFire

Is an online service - in this case a poker site - required by law to send any chat and/or phone logs that you were involved in to you by request?

A poker site, after weeks of stalling, have basically refused to give me chat and phone logs (in which I was speaking to a customer service representative) that I have asked for.

I've asked for a log before and got it the next day. It seems they send it to anyone who asks. But my question is do they legally have to? Where is the law on this?

Which law would require that? The same set of laws that does not allow many of these outfits to operate in the United States?

In any event, I suspect that what you might receive will be governed by the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up. If that TOS includes an unfettered right to these phone and chat logs, then you may have an argument ... if you can press it, or can afford to press it. I suspect that it includes a provision effectively saying they can do what they want.

Why do they say they will not give them to you? Are they unavailable for technical reasons?

- Carl

By the way, I live in Canada, but as far as i know the support is based in Puerto Rico. Probably a whole lot of nothing, I know. I thought they were based in Mohawk Quebecois...

There is blackmail involved in the phone logs. It became intense. I could certianly use the chat and phone logs as evidence. I probably do need to read the TOS. I came here to try to avoid that kind of thing. I'm curious to any sort of previous experience.

The case seems to me so far...

1) I press the case, press five times the cost on lawyers... let the chat and phone logs show.

2) I try to avoid the expensive manner. Is there something I can do legally without spending a fortune?

They refuse to give it to me based on them realizing the shit has hit the fan. I can't afford the legality implied with this....

In their elegant fashion...

"Dear Me,

I want to appreciate you for the patience you have had.

Please know that I am getting this information together for you, however, I need you to please give me more time since I am waiting for some final information.

Thank you very much

I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

Maggie
"xxx""

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back