Supervisor crazy

Paratroop85

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My wife is a hair stylist who works for a national chain. Today her supervisor ; the store manager, told her that because of her age she was too slow to work as fast as the younger stylists and my wife has a hearing issue and her supervisor gave her hearing aid batteries. What can she do about this problem?

my wife has a hearing issue and her supervisor gave her hearing aid batteries.

What a kind, caring supervisor your wife is blessed with having.

The supervisor gave your wife the "gift" of batteries so that she might use her hearing aid.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story as we are poised to celebrate the Christmas season.

My wife is a hair stylist who works for a national chain. Today her supervisor ; the store manager, told her that because of her age she was too slow to work as fast as the younger stylists

Although the supervisor was stupid to mention her age, the real issue is whether in fact she is not sufficiently fast in her work. If her work doesn't meet the requirements of the job then the employer could take adverse action, including firing her, without violating any laws.

and my wife has a hearing issue and her supervisor gave her hearing aid batteries.

Hard to know what to make of this without knowing all the surrounding circumstances. Does your wife wear hearing aids? If so, did the hearing aid batteries die at work? Is she having trouble hearing the boss, customers, or co workers?

Back