1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Supervisor crazy

Discussion in 'Discrimination & Sexual Harassment' started by Paratroop85, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Paratroop85

Paratroop85 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Missouri
    My wife is a hair stylist who works for a national chain. Today her supervisor ; the store manager, told her that because of her age she was too slow to work as fast as the younger stylists and my wife has a hearing issue and her supervisor gave her hearing aid batteries. What can she do about this problem?

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Does she work as fast as the younger stylists?

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

What a kind, caring supervisor your wife is blessed with having.

The supervisor gave your wife the "gift" of batteries so that she might use her hearing aid.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story as we are poised to celebrate the Christmas season.

hrforme likes this.
  4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I suspect this "national chain" has a human resources department. This is one of the many reasons why.

justblue likes this.
  5. Tax Counsel

Tax Counsel Well-Known Member

Although the supervisor was stupid to mention her age, the real issue is whether in fact she is not sufficiently fast in her work. If her work doesn't meet the requirements of the job then the employer could take adverse action, including firing her, without violating any laws.

Hard to know what to make of this without knowing all the surrounding circumstances. Does your wife wear hearing aids? If so, did the hearing aid batteries die at work? Is she having trouble hearing the boss, customers, or co workers?