Summer Visitation Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

mntrosper

Not sure if you can help with a little advice, but if you could, I would greatly appreciate it!

First and foremost, we are from Missouri. I have primary physical custody of my two year old daughter. My ex's visitation rights are as follows: Every other weekend from 6:00 p.m. on Friday until 6:00 p.m. Sunday, and one weeek night visitation on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. He also has her three two week periods in the summer months, the first two weeks of June, July, and August, beginning on the first Sunday of each month. Now, my question is this: My ex finished his June visit on the 15th. I was not given a visit {it does not state anywhere in our decree that I should have one}, nor was I allowed to talk to my daughter on the phone. Now that I have her back, he is claiming that he is entitled to a Wednesday night and every other weekend visit with her. I have tried to work with him, but he says that his two weeks are his time, and I am not entitled to a visit. He says that if I don't give her a Wednesday night and alternate weekend of my two weeks during the summer, that his lawyer is filing a motion of contempt order, and that I will go to jail. I don't understand this double standard... He gets visits during my time, but I don't get visits during his? NOWHERE IN THE DECREE does it say that either one of us gets visits with her during the other parent's summer two week visits. The phone calls are CONSTANT. I am sick and tired of being threatened and harassed. Is he correct? What can I do if he is not?

The decree is the decree, IMHO. That is where the answers should be found and if his opinion is not reflected, then he is likely just puffing. I tend to find that many will threaten even though they are wrong because they know the other party will crumble. If it's not in the decree then how can his lawyer file for contempt? If need be, tell him to put the demand in writing to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back