sue car dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcan

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. I had the power steering pump changed on my car at a local dealer here in MD about 2 years ago. This pump also controls the suspension system of my car. A year later, the dash light lit up on my car telling me theres a problem with the suspension.

I took the car to the dealer and they said they found the car leaking radial fluid but couldnt find where it was coming from. After letting the car sit for 2 days, no leak and they said if the light comes back on, we should start with (insert other part here)

Fast forward to today. The suspension light came on again and I took the car to another dealer and they said the power steering pump is leaking fluid because the radial seal is broken. The pump needs to be changed.

Went back to dealer that replaced the part and after arguing for an hour, they said they can't do anything since the part is out of the 12 month/12,000 mile warranty and it's been 2 years since they did the work.

I want to sue them for misdiagnosing the car. Do I stand a chance?

Thanks

No. You have no way know they misdiagnosed anything. You were content with the repair through the entire warranty period and beyond.

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. I had the power steering pump changed on my car at a local dealer here in MD about 2 years ago. This pump also controls the suspension system of my car. A year later, the dash light lit up on my car telling me theres a problem with the suspension.

I took the car to the dealer and they said they found the car leaking radial fluid but couldnt find where it was coming from. After letting the car sit for 2 days, no leak and they said if the light comes back on, we should start with (insert other part here)

Fast forward to today. The suspension light came on again and I took the car to another dealer and they said the power steering pump is leaking fluid because the radial seal is broken. The pump needs to be changed.

Went back to dealer that replaced the part and after arguing for an hour, they said they can't do anything since the part is out of the 12 month/12,000 mile warranty and it's been 2 years since they did the work.

I want to sue them for misdiagnosing the car. Do I stand a chance?

Thanks

Really?

The car is out of warranty.

You have no case.

But, if you persist, you can waste your time and money and sue in small claims.

How will that end?

You'll have wasted time and money, only to hear what i said above; you have no case.

I believe you have your case. I have been doing research for this matter. Mercedes Benz manufactured the defected part. MB knows about this. & MB does aware of this matter. There are many people have the same problem.

do a down pymt of 5-10 thousand save the rest aside then mlnohty should be about 3- 500 a month if you put down your whole 20 grand or 15 grand you might be hurting when you have to pay for the rest off mlnohty plus your gonna get hit hard in the **** with insurance for buying a 2012 model benz..i prefer getting a used mercedes thats 2004-2009 ish also there are other cars you can snag for 20 grand thats better its not worth losing a kidney giving all your money to that..there are other models even nicely taken care of cars that people own themselves . maybe avoiding the car dealer is all good if you cant get the car for 30 or 28,000 i would walk away with your pride . remeber the older models of benz has some awesome cars with badassery in them plus you can get money for some nice rims tune up so your car performs 3x better than the 2012 model plus you have xtra money rember mo money mo money mo money ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back