stupid witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

boysmom94

My jurisdiction is: U.S.

My son (a juvenile) is being charged with a felony "intent to do harm". There is a no contact order in place that restricts any contact between him and 2 other juveniles who turned him in on a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed weapon. One of them (a kid who is known for grand exaggeration and a need for attention) claimed to be a "victim" of my son's "threat" - his parents were even allowed into court the first time with a Victim's Advocate even though his name was never even mentioned directly in any of the evidence. Just today, however, that same juvenile sent an email to my son's email account, asking him if they are "still friends". He has also made numerous attempts at casual conversation with me, even though he has been advised not to. I contacted the police department so that there would be a report filed with the courts. In the meantime, I'm wondering if this could actually result in a dismissal of the charges since it is obvious that this kid is not in any way afraid of my son. Can anybody offer any insight into how this could help my son's case?

Dismissal? On what grounds? He either did or did not carry a concealed weapon. Whether the kid he was suppose to have threatened wishes to be friends now has no issue with this

It seems that if the "victims" tell the prosecutor they don't want to pursue charges, the prosecuter may be more ameliable to a better plea bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back