Stuck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidenchris

I am in arrears due to a lot of unfortunate situations in the past year and a half. During this time I still paid it was just spiraticly. NYC Child Support Enforcement froze my bank account but the catch is it is a joint account with my wife. Half of that money is hers and they are giving me a hard time clearing it. She gets disability and the money they froze is for her doctors bill and medicine. This is extrememly hard especially for the reason she is on disability in the first place. She is manic depressive, anxiety and has post pardom depression. This does not help the situation. I have written in to Child Support and the banks and showed proof but still nothing. My bank I have given up on. If this ever gets resolved I am closing this account. My question is: What can I do to get my wife her portion of the money back ASAP? Also I live in Georgia and the case is in Queens, NY. I don't have any money for a lawyer so that idea is out of the question and I don't have the money to pay them in full. Anyone can help me.

Any bank account that is in your name is subject to a levy, even if your wife is on it. She might want to open up her own acct. She might qualify for legal aid since she is on disability she should call them. The only way to avoid this fiasco is to not get behind in child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back