Stuck with refi and being forced to sell home

Lucy23

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I am having a issue with divorce and refinace. I am in the process of refinancing my home to get my ex off. The problem i am having is i need the final divorce decree for the bank....my ex will sign BUT there is a stipulation in in that says if the loan doesnt go through i agree to sell the home. I cannot to that to my 3 children who only know this home and im really at a loss because i need the divorce decree to finish the loan process but if something should happen and it doesnt go through....my children lose their home....and if i stop the refinance process his lawyer said they would take me to court and force me to sell the home anyway....im at a loss and my lawyer is telling me to just sign thr divorcee decree but im really scared to. What should i do?

What should i do?

Your lawyer has advised you properly.

You have few options that are legally sound.

Placing the home up for sale doesn't guarantee it will be sold, or that it will be sold QUICKLY.

It will be easier if you do as your lawyer suggested.

The notion that you are asking anonymous strangers on the internet to confirm or contradict your lawyer's advice is more than a little absurd. If you're concerned about the advice your lawyer has given you, then you need to get on the phone with him or her or arrange to meet in his/her office to discuss your concerns and what other options may exist.

my lawyer is telling me to just sign thr divorcee decree but im really scared to. What should i do?

Sign it.

If you have to move, your children will survive. Children always adjust to moves.

I think it's your emotional attachment to the house that is the problem. Or maybe it's just your desire to fight your spouse. Either way, get over it.

Back