Stranger, A New Neighbor Accuses Child Molestation

edyedith

I live in a mobile home park, Saturday morning someone was very aggressively pounding on our front door. I didnt want to answer it because I thought it was someone selling something and it woke my husband and I up. Then I hear a woman outside yelling they are in there raping little girls. Next thing I hear is. Someone pounding on our house then the screen door , So I answer it wondering what is this????. This woman who we do not know is angry and looking in our house like she wants in then says you guys are child raping little girls. I was in disbelief ! I tell her you do not know us and woke us up . We have no children here. She was looking mean and did not believe me. My husband hearing all this gets up and comes to the door . He asks her do you live here ? Why are you here ? She again says I know you are raping little girls, trying to look in the house. He finally tells her you better leave. At first she would not jus repeatedly accusing the child rape thing. Finally a male who was standing away tells her lets go she reluctantly left. At the time we didnt know who she was. We called our manager who said call 911 we did . The problem was she had left and we didn't know who it was so the police could do nothing. We found out later a week later it was a new neighbor 3 homes away from us. The manager had to go to her home because she was yelling in her home , She then tells him about us being child rapists, he told her you are wrong and to stop accusing us of that. The manager said shes 51/50 . So now my husband and I know her identity and she lives 3 homes away. What do we do now ! My husband and I are near 60 years old we have No children in our lives no kids no grandchildren . I dont think its ok for this Stranger to accuse such a thing ! This woman was also very angry at us, how do we know if she wont get physically aggressive? What can we do ?

You should do what you failed to do when the yelling, pounding, and accusations started; call the police.
The police will respond, investigate, and do what is necessary to keep the peace.
It IS YOUR home, and it is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS to answer YOUR door when it is being pounded like a police raid.
You're an adult, madam, and free to do whatever you wish to do.
I do hope you think about NOT answering your door.
I NEVER answer my door.
No one answers our door.
All of our friends and family know to alert us IF they wish to visit.
If you fail to inform us, you won't gain admittance to our cave, and if you do; you won't like the reception you'll receive.

Thank You for your reply, The manager did tell us to call the police and we did, the problem was at the time we did not know who she was and she had left so the police said they couldnt do anything but take a report so we gave up thinking we would never know who it was. It was only a week later after speaking to our asst manager and a neighbor we finally found out who she is. We had a vacancy 3 doors down from us and she is the one who moved in. She has only been here 3 weeks ! These are not rental properties so she bought a house here. I thought of letting the police know we now have her identity but i dont know if they can do anything. I definitely agree with you about Not opening my door unless I know who they are. I also bought a camera peephole which takes a picture of who iis at your door. Most importantly is her accusations and her yelling this outside. My immediate neighbor think shes crazy ,we have all lived here for years. The concern is others who do not know us they might believe this woman.

Thank You for your reply, The manager did tell us to call the police and we did, the problem was at the time we did not know who she was and she had left so the police said they couldnt do anything but take a report so we gave up thinking we would never know who it was. It was only a week later after speaking to our asst manager and a neighbor we finally found out who she is. We had a vacancy 3 doors down from us and she is the one who moved in. She has only been here 3 weeks ! These are not rental properties so she bought a house here. I thought of letting the police know we now have her identity but i dont know if they can do anything. I definitely agree with you about Not opening my door unless I know who they are. I also bought a camera peephole which takes a picture of who iis at your door. Most importantly is her accusations and her yelling this outside. My immediate neighbor think shes crazy ,we have all lived here for years. The concern is others who do not know us they might believe this woman.

Just try not to have any additional contact with her. If she shows up again, as she did previously, call the police.

Since the police did take a report, you could call and update them with the information you have now on who the person is.

Back