Stopping over-stepping SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshinesmom

My ex's fiance is not only over-stepping her place in our daughter's life, she is now violating our standing Parenting Plan. They have Sunshine with them on vacay right now. She called me the other day, but I missed the call. I immediately returned the call(both calls show as happening at the same time on my phone I was so quick to return the call!). As soon as the fiance heard who Sunshine was talking to she started telling her to hang up the phone because it was her time with her dad. Our PP clearly states that neither parent can interfer with the child's ability to contact the other.

This is just the latest in what is becoming a long list of this type of thing. I am documenting, and collecting proof where possible(legal forms with the fiance listed as Sunshine's mother/guardian when she is neither). So what options should I be looking at to get this to stop? We are starting the mediation process because the ex wants to change the PP. Should I just wait and address this in mediation?

I'm so worried that the fiance's behavior is going to cause Sunshine to alienate her dad. I know how much he loves her, and she loves him. It would break everyone's heart(including mine) if things got to that point.

Unfortunately you have to be looking out for yourself first, not your ex-husband. If the fiancee cannot behave herself then your ex will have to control her or risk losing the ability to have a meaningful relationship with his daughter. I'm sure he understands this. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back