Stolen Paycheck- Identity theft

Thepistol

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
I'll try to make it as short as possible. Sorry for lacking correct grammar. I hope it not to hard to read and understand.

I had an accident at work was sent home to return when I have healed.

I was out maybe 18 days during the days I received a text alerting me I had paychecks that I have not picked up. The day I decided to pick them up I was met with somebody stole mine and another employee payroll .the boss would not talk to me.

I went to the bank to find out one check was endorsed by someone's signature and then below endorsed with my forged signature. The person signed my name wrong, the check was printed out to Craig- my last name and funny part were signed as Creig My last name. It was somehow cashed following by the return of a second check that was fount outside in the parking lot. The bank was already apprised of it being stolen after it being cashed due to the cashing of another employee check by the same.
I went to the sheriff filled police report gave the sheriff a copy of cashed check front and back which I got from the bank. i called the department of labor with no luck they said the employer isn't required to get me another check because it was already cashed he did his duties. But see..how I never even seen my check. I did not get any check handed to me. They left the check-in in the break room for a week while I was on leave.

It had been over a year since I've filed a report he keeps telling me he will get in touch with me but never does until I decide to email him and now he just won't reply. What actions can I take to get my money

Back