"Stolen" Money Applied to Cild Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooterdink

I gave my grandson's wife two blank checks to be used for emergencies as I was going to be out of town. Instead she wrote the cecks for $2,000 and $15,000 and pocketed the money. She and my grandson are not living together but are not divorced. Now she is asking for child support for their child. I contend that the money that she "stole" from me should count towards the child support. Am I right? I should also mention that I totally supported them while he went to college, paying his tuition, their rent, and all their living expenses!

I suggest that you file theft (perhaps conversion or fraud) charges , but report the conniving crook to the police.

Last edited:
You might want to reconsider writing blank checks in the future.

You might want to reconsider writing blank checks in the future.

Just wondering, how does one write a blank check?

I mean, if its blank, there'd be nothing on it.

If there's something on it, it ain't blank?

Life is so confusing for us old people. :confused::nuts:joke:

I gave my grandson's wife two blank checks to be used for emergencies as I was going to be out of town. Instead she wrote the cecks for $2,000 and $15,000 and pocketed the money. She and my grandson are not living together but are not divorced. Now she is asking for child support for their child. I contend that the money that she "stole" from me should count towards the child support. Am I right? I should also mention that I totally supported them while he went to college, paying his tuition, their rent, and all their living expenses!

Given that you are not responsible for child support (apparently - but where is Dad?), you have basically voluntarily gifted the money to Mom. It won't be counted as child support unless YOU are actually obliged to pay child support for your grandchild.

You have basically chosen to gift the money.

I suggest that you file theft (perhaps conversion or fraud) charges , but report the conniving crook to the police.

Unless Grandparent actually has a contract saying Mom can only have a certain amount, there are no charge here. Foolishness yes. But illegal? Not so much unless there is a contract or promise.

Unless Grandparent actually has a contract saying Mom can only have a certain amount, there are no charge here. Foolishness yes. But illegal? Not so much unless there is a contract or promise.

Opinion noted.

She surely doesn't have much, but a couple Hail Mary's at best, assuming ANY of it happened as described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back