stepparent adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjal2

On 3/7/13 My husband and I were married. I have 2 children that are not his and my question pertains to my oldest child 14 yr old son. His biological father has never really paid child support and years can go by with no contact. MY husband is currently incarcerated in WCC in Shelton, Wa for non aggravated murder and is serving a sentence of 60 yrs. He's filed and appeal in '09 and has served 13 yrs of his sentence I have known him since I was 18 yrs old and he and my son have bonded over the years. How do I file an petition for adoption of my son? And what are the chances the adoption will be successful due to his charge and current sentence?

On 3/7/13 My husband and I were married. I have 2 children that are not his and my question pertains to my oldest child 14 yr old son. His biological father has never really paid child support and years can go by with no contact. MY husband is currently incarcerated in WCC in Shelton, Wa for non aggravated murder and is serving a sentence of 60 yrs. He's filed and appeal in '09 and has served 13 yrs of his sentence I have known him since I was 18 yrs old and he and my son have bonded over the years. How do I file an petition for adoption of my son? And what are the chances the adoption will be successful due to his charge and current sentence?

Oh, so the kid's dad is a deadbeat, but you want a murderer (with 50 more years to serve in prison) to adopt him?

Yeah, I can see why that is a smarter plan.

A deadbeat absent dad isn't enough, up the ante and get a murderer to adopt him, who'll get out of prison (assuming he lives that long), when the kid is ready to collect social security.

Talk to a local lawyer, talk to two or three, see what they say.

Get ready to spend some serious coin to try this scheme.

Sheesh.....

You can run it by a couple of attorneys but don't get your hopes up. As army judge said - Sheesh.....

I'll keep this simple.

Your husband has absolutely no chance.

(not that it really matters - if he wins an appeal AND you file for adoption your son would be over 18 by the time it's all said and done anyway. If he loses the appeal well..that speaks for itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back