Step children who have been abused

Kindra31

Jurisdiction
Kansas
So my son's father who is married fully with no separation or anything. Has 2 daughter's much older than mine. We have recently gotten a phone call stating that they have been sexually molested by there 12 year old cousin. We are trying everything possible to get them into our care but have come to so many loop holes my main question is for all 4 kids if I have my kids 3&1 and he has his 6&9. I do not want my kids in the same room with his since they have been abused but can I have my 3year old daughter and 1year old boy share a room for quite some time or is it just til there 5? I'm not trying to treat the girls differently by any means. Same things have happened on my end and I am just trying to make things easier for everyone.

Yes, your daughter & son can share a room - even past 5. Many people cannot afford to have separate rooms for all children. The only time where this might not be allowed is in a foster children/foster care situation.

This question is asked several times a month on average here. The answer is its legal. You need to ask yourself and partner is this about the children or about trying to screw up other parents life? Usually its the later. If so then both parents (not step parents) need to learn to "co parent" here is something that might prove helpful Co-Parenting Advice For Your Children | Parent Nook

This question is asked several times a month on average here. The answer is its legal. You need to ask yourself and partner is this about the children or about trying to screw up other parents life? Usually its the later. If so then both parents (not step parents) need to learn to "co parent" here is something that might prove helpful Co-Parenting Advice For Your Children | Parent Nook
Thank you for the help. Your right it is financially difficult to have all kids separate

So my son's father who is married fully with no separation or anything. Has 2 daughter's much older than mine. We have recently gotten a phone call stating that they have been sexually molested by there 12 year old cousin. We are trying everything possible to get them into our care but have come to so many loop holes my main question is for all 4 kids if I have my kids 3&1 and he has his 6&9. I do not want my kids in the same room with his since they have been abused but can I have my 3year old daughter and 1year old boy share a room for quite some time or is it just til there 5? I'm not trying to treat the girls differently by any means. Same things have happened on my end and I am just trying to make things easier for everyone.

Why wouldn't opposite gender siblings be able to share a room? I don't understand how that's a legitimate question in someone's mind. Why would you even think a brother and sister can't share a room?

I understand it as a legitimate question when the children are a little bit older.
Oh my goodness so much judgment on this site. I asked it because I'm considering buying a home and I don't want a bigger issue to come about years to come. Honestly I was looking for legal advice not judgment. You have a problem with my questions give advice elsewhere. Please and thank you.

Oh my goodness so much judgment on this site. I asked it because I'm considering buying a home and I don't want a bigger issue to come about years to come. Honestly I was looking for legal advice not judgment. You have a problem with my questions give advice elsewhere. Please and thank you.
No if you have an issue with the advice you get on a public forum you need to go elsewhere. I don't care what you were looking for you get what you get and it's never an issue unless you're a foster parent.

Plus you're a stepparent. You have no legal standing with your stepchildren anyway.

Kindra legally you dont have a leg to stand on however I dont agree with how Step Parents are treated on legal forums like this one. You care about your step children and are seeking answers. Your legal options are ZERO but your husband should speak to an Attorney. In mean time here is a parenting forum in which you might find other step and Bio parents who have dealt with similar situations. They can tell you how they dealt with these similar issues. Its NOT a legal forum but you will get answers from other real parents. Just so you know most legal forums are answered by volunteers who generally do not practice law or own a license to practice law.

Parent Nook Forums - Index page

Kindra legally you dont have a leg to stand on however I dont agree with how Step Parents are treated on legal forums like this one. You care about your step children and are seeking answers. Your legal options are ZERO but your husband should speak to an Attorney. In mean time here is a parenting forum in which you might find other step and Bio parents who have dealt with similar situations. They can tell you how they dealt with these similar issues. Its NOT a legal forum but you will get answers from other real parents. Just so you know most legal forums are answered by volunteers who generally do not practice law or own a license to practice law.

Parent Nook Forums - Index page
Shrinkmaster thank you for the link and having an open mind this link is very helpful and all I needed is a direction to turn I know I have zero ability to do anything but I love my kids father and do not like to see us as a family struggle. If can just point him in a direction it helps a ton. I appreciate the help

Back