State Official Lies to Unemployment office

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad_sorrell

I worked for 4 and half years in a state office, when the new assembly person came in, we worked together for 6 months and then she terminated me for no reason. I was told New Jersey has an at will state for termination, when I went to collect unemployment, they asked me why I was terminated. I told them I was given a letter of termination from employer. They asked me to fax it and I did. They told me that the employer stated to them that I abandon the job. The employer lied. I was given my unemployment because the employer failed to be truthful and the letter of termination showed that I was terminated by the employer.

Are there any laws in place for Elected Officials who took an oath of office. This official lied to the NJ state unemployment office and said I abandon my job. If I had not had that letter, I could have lost my chance of collect 3unemployment. Can anything be done. Is this perjury? It is dishonest. Why do they bother swearing on a bible and holding up their hand if they are lying to the state office about being honest in a state of law. Does the color of laws apply to this? It seems so unethical and I would like to know if she broke the law in any way?

Thank you

That is an issue that the state unemployment commission will have to pursue if they want to and since you have received the unemployment assistance you needed, my suggestion is for you move on to bigger and better things. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back