State of Iowa Attorney Conflict of Interest Rules/Regulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

folsom

Jurisdiction
Iowa
Over the weekend I found out that an Attorney I have hired (I am the plaintiff in a civil case) did not disclose to me his previous professional relationship with the defendant. Unfortunately, this Attorney has also on the sly provided the defendant with private information regarding the case.

This was disclosed to me after the defendant had emailed a mutual acquaintance saying that he was "going to whip me in court" and that my Attorney was a "long time buddy and previous Attorney for him" also "Attorney working for him on this case, too" and "feeding him information" Well, the acquaintance was pretty disgusted and sought me out, asked for my email address and forwarded me not only copies of these emails, but also emails from my Attorney to the defendant, disclosing private information. AGAIN I'll repeat, forwarded emails from my Attorney to the defendant

Today is President's Day, can't do much about it and my Attorney's office is closed but come Tuesday morning BAM going to take care of business.

Question is, what State of Iowa Rules and Regs pertain to this professional misconduct

You have provided absolutely no information on which to comment about your attorney's prior relationship with your opponent or the "private" information that he provided.

Your lawyer's prior representation of your opponent might, or might not, have any impact on your current case.

The "private" information he gave out might, or might not, have been necessary for the pursuit of your case.

Feel free to come back after "BAM" tomorrow and let us know how that worked out for you.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:
I know this is the internet and I just can't reach out and knock you on your ass but, your comment was rude and uncalled for.
In what way was Jack "rude"? Because he pointed out the truth that you provided no information regarding your case? You didn't. You posted conclusions only.

Go and pay another attorney to assist you. No one on this site is paid enough to put up with vulgar, rude children.

I know this is the internet and I just can't reach out and knock you on your ass but, your comment was rude and uncalled for.
Huh? How? There may be a conflict of interest, and there may not be. The devil is in the details - none of which you provided. The rude and uncalled-for comments came from you and Mr. White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back