Stalking Protection order filed against me

Status
Not open for further replies.

billsmith

My girlfriends ex-husband is a huge brute, has a history of violence with others and is as dumb as a rock.

He has threatened me on numerous occasions. I have never said more than 10 words to him. I filed police reports detailing 2 incidents, one June 2011, the second June, 2012, this one is still being investigated and will be forwarded to the prosecutor, when the investigation is complete.

Last week, he filed for a Stalking Protection order against me!

In my eyes the action is ridiculous, and just an attempt by the guy to cause me trouble.

I spend a lot of time out of town, on the hearing date I was absent. I filed for a continuance, and the magistrate continued it until August.

I have seen this magistrate in action during a hearing I sat in on. He is a little too relaxed for my liking and allowed a lot of nonsense in his court room. It's a small town, I'm an outsider. I called a number on the court docket for information, and the magistrate actually answered the phone.

Assuming my statements are true, can anyone give me some constructive suggestions on how to handle this?

I am capable of preparing and filing my own paperwork, in a reasonably coherent manner. Are there any actions I can take between now and the August hearing, to head this nonsense off, and prevent it from continuing in the future?

Is discovery allowed in an action like this?

Thank you

If you stay away from these animals none of this will matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back