Spouse filed not using their legal name

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjohndoe

Banned
Spouse filed but used a name that is not her legal name. i.e. she was previously married as "Jane smith", later married "john doe". Her legal name changed to "Jane doe".
She files as "Jane smith doe".

Ramifications?

Spouse filed but used a name that is not her legal name. i.e. she was previously married as "Jane smith", later married "john doe". Her legal name changed to "Jane doe".
She files as "Jane smith doe".

Ramifications?

A person's legal name can be any name they chhoose, so lang as they aren't trying to commit fraud.
These days, Jane Jones marries Bubba Brown.
Jane doesn't have to change her name to Jane Brown, or Jane Jane Jones-Brown.
She can remain Jane Jones, and her husband can become Bubba Jones.
In fact, many couples these days are doing it this way: Jane Jones becomes Jane Brown; while Bubba Brown becomes Bubba Jones.

The IRS may see it differently, but if they do, I'm sure you'll be hearing from someone at the IRS.

Filed for divorce. I posted in "divorce" forum so assumed that was known.
Her name used in the complaint is not married name or legal name.

Let me simplify.

Petitioner's legal name (marriage license, driver lic, SSN ID, banking,....) Is "A B C". Petitioner files as name "B D C"
ABC are fn, mi, last name.
BDC are middlename, prior married surname, current married surname.

No legal change of name.

Legally, it is a probate court. Realistically, whoever gets there first.

Once you post on the internet on a public forum, it is public domain.
If someone uses your photo and claims it is them, you have possible action if damaged.

This post was transferred by another moderator from an old thread user posted to. Betty3

Last edited by a moderator:
Get an attorney. A dog is personal property and the owner is responsible for it.
A dog attack/bite carries pain and suffering, not just medical bills. Contact animal control and report it.
Do not let this just go away.

This post was transferred by another moderator from an old thread user posted to. Betty3

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me simplify.

Petitioner's legal name (marriage license, driver lic, SSN ID, banking,....) Is "A B C". Petitioner files as name "B D C"
ABC are fn, mi, last name.
BDC are middlename, prior married surname, current married surname.

No legal change of name.

Allow me to elaborate: We are free to use any name we wish to use, even if that name isn't on our birth certificate.
You might recall, that name on your birth certificate was foisted upon you without obtaining your consent.
Furthermore, celebrities use stage names, entertainers use names identifying the act or talent, some actors use many names over the lifetime of a career, authors use pen names, and A LIST celebs even use pseudonyms to avoid detection as they travel.

One is not required to legally change his or her name, as long as the name(s) you use aren't to commit fraud or a crime.

Since OP has received replies to questions asked & banned by another moderator, will close this thread. A couple of posts by OP were transferred by another moderator from old threads OP replied to & then closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back