Spousal Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasper1970

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. We have been separated for a year. He was in the military. I gave up everything to marry him and move with him in Fort Bragg, NC. in 2006. I worked the whole time there.When he came back from Iraq, they diagnosed him with PTSD and other things, they took him out of infantry unit and put him a differnent unit, then put him through the med board (to get medically discharged, retired from the Army), which was a long process. Needless to say, he was turning into a different person. To make a long story short, he MADE me move back to PA, in which I did not want to, not without him. We were both seeking counseling and he did nothing but lie to me about everything. I moved back to PA, w/o him, I had NO CHOICE. He was suppose to send me money under Army reg. 608-99, but never did. He literally abandoned me for no just cause. He got discharged several months after I moved back. I was in financial trouble and when I asked for his help, he treated me like his worst enemy. I did NOTHING wrong! I have NO clue what his financial situation is right now. I KNOW he is receiving VA benefits and that he is living in a very nice townhouse (found out from the divorce papers where he is living, uncontested divorce by the way, which I am not signing),has a timeshare condo in Myrtle Beach and sits in the bar almost every night, which I heard from mutual friends.. I work 2 jobs, after I pay my bills I barely have 2 pennies to rub together, plus I am on food stamps:( I am not a goldigger by no means. But under the circumstances he put me through, having a rough time right now. We have no children together, thank GOD! I just want to know if ANYONE knows if I would be entitled to some spousal support or something until the divorce is finalized to help me get back on my feet?

Last edited:
You would only have a very slim chance at getting spousal support for such a short term marriage under the best of circumstances (in either State), and you're not in the best of circumstances.

The fact that you've been separated for a year, and NOT had his financial support, more or less tells the court that you don't need support.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back