Spousal Support after being apart 23 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikemen

New York State

I marry in 1980, About 3 years later my wife left she move to the next city over for a couple years.. Then she meet someone and they move to the State on Indiana.. She has live there until 5 months ago.. So we are talking that she been out of my life for 24 years now.. No we never got a divorce or separation.(mistake) ..

Well anyway She back living in one of the apartments in her Sons house (not My son) the house was will to her when her Father's Pasting.. but she more likely giving the house to her son…

She don't work so she apply for food stamps and Medicaid and now the welfare people are having her take me to Family Court and for me to bring pay check stub and a copy of last years taxes…So I can pay Spouse Support…

I'm 56yrs old and I'm a Courier and make a small amount of money enough for me to survive…

So do you think I will have to pay Spouse Support after not being with her for 23 years??

What should I do? Time is short for court 10 days… Well she have to be there? If so and she doesn't show up What then? I hope you can advise me…..

Thank You So Much.. Mike

Last edited:
Since you are still married, the state may hold you responsible for her necessaries. You need to immediately file for that divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back