Criminal Law Speeding and reckless driving citation for H1b holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1visa

Hi,

I was cited for the following to 2 charges in NC:(This is my first offense).The below offense happened when I was travelling with my wife and child.

1. Willingly and unlawfully operate a motor vehicle in street or highway at a speed of 90 mph in a 55 mph zone (Section 20-141(j1)).

The max punishment for the above statute is 30 days in jail and 1000$ fine.

2. carelessly and heedlessly in Willful or wanton disregard of the rights and safety of others GS.Reckless Driving
Statute: 20-140(A).The max punishment is again 60 days in jail and 1000$ fine.

The officer comments made while issuing citation was that I did not immediately stop the vehicle ,he followed me for a while,and when he finally put on lights and siren I slowed down and stopped after a while.He also felt that he was visible in rear view mirror but I still did not stop immediately.

I was NOT ARRESTED OR FINGERPRINTED.

With the help of an attorney I got the 2nd charge dismissed during plea bargain with Prosecutor.
I plead guilty to speeding at 80/55.
I was fined 35$ and also paid.180$ court costs.

I obtained the certified copies of the judgement from the court which shows reckless driving dismissed.

I am working on H1 b visa:

1. My question is if I travel outside US and travel back,will I have any issues at port of entry?

2.Will there be any problem when I apply for H1b extension from USA?

3. Also will the comments made the by the officer at the time when citation was issued will have any impact on immigration whatsoever?

Last edited:
No, no, no.
You pled to a silly, speeding ticket.
Move on, it's nothing!!!!
But, so what, if you don't get back into the US?
This planet has 120+ civilized nations.
This country is okay, but there are better places on the planet these days!
Besides, you weren't worried when you were speeding, we're you?
No answer required, rhetorical.

Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply.It is my job for which I need to stay in US.I know I did a mistake and I am sorry.

I just want to make sure that I am off the hook for any immigration offenses.

Thanks again for information

If you are not arrested then you are ok. As US immigration form asks if you ever have been arrested. I think it is DS-160

I only use the stall for people with dbtsiiliaies if I absolutely need to. I have problems with my knees and there are days I can sit and stand without help. But other days, I really need the railing to get down and back up again.One shopping mall in my city has a public bathroom where all the stalls can accommodate people with dbtsiiliaies and people with babies and small children. I think the designers of that bathroom had the right idea all restrooms need to be accessible to all people. Not only would it be convenient, but it would end these tireless arguments about who has the right to use which bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back