someone please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven71

The state or country I am talking about is: Kentucky

My ex hubby has been out of town working for almost a year, so he had'nt been able to get our son on his regularly scheduled weekends, he has been keeping his CS payments current though. He just very recently came home to work for a few months, and he now wants to resume his visitiation with our son, which is fine with me of course, the problem is... my hubby and i have bought a new house, it's in the same state but it's about 2 hours away from where my ex lives. he called me to set up a place to meet halfway so he could pick up his son on friday evening, but... my new hubby works nights, he has to be at work at 6PM but he never knows what time he'll get off work, it could be 230AM it could be 430 AM or later. My ex knows he has this job and he knows we only have one vehicle, so i asked him if he could come her and get him on friday evenings and we could come pick him up on sunday evenings, he basicallt demanded that i have him at the halfway point on friday evening!.... no matter how much i tried to tell him that was impossible he wouldn't listen, my question is. can he take me to court because of this? ANY help would be greatly appreciated

he probably can but that does not mean that he would get a judge to agree with him. Judges will try to find a reasonable solution, and in my opinion your compromise suggestion sounded reasonable, so it could easily be that a judge would tell him that, too, and he would simply have wasted everyone's time and money.

I think the best would really be to find a solution both parties can agree to, may be with the help of a neutral third party before running to court.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll try what you said and hope he comes to his senses. The last thing i want to do is put our son through all that. We've gone this long without having the courts involved, hopefully he'll listen to me. Again, Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back