Sole custody Mom wants to move out of state father dv/dcf indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyMom

My jurisdiction is: Osceola County, Florida

Oct 26, 2009 left because of DV. Shortly after our son said Dad put him in roof for punishment - dcf closed with indicators - Divorce finaled June 3, 2008 father gave me sole custody and only need to consult him if medical life or death. Court order no contact because father didnt show up for visitation at the visitation center on 2 seperate occasions. Injunction for domestic violence in effect until Nov 28, 2009. Father's rights revoked because he failed to attend parenting class required by Florida state when divorcing with minor child involved. Father hasnt seen our son since January 13th, 2008 and has not petitioned to see him. Having sole custody with no requirements except medical life/death would I have to seek permission from the court to move out of state with our son?

My jurisdiction is: Osceola County, Florida

Oct 26, 2009 left because of DV. Shortly after our son said Dad put him in roof for punishment - dcf closed with indicators - Divorce finaled June 3, 2008 father gave me sole custody and only need to consult him if medical life or death. Court order no contact because father didnt show up for visitation at the visitation center on 2 seperate occasions. Injunction for domestic violence in effect until Nov 28, 2009. Father's rights revoked because he failed to attend parenting class required by Florida state when divorcing with minor child involved. Father hasnt seen our son since January 13th, 2008 and has not petitioned to see him. Having sole custody with no requirements except medical life/death would I have to seek permission from the court to move out of state with our son?

Yes. You would STILL have to follow the law and notify the court and Dad of the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back