Sold my Car amd concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkTek

I just sold my car and I am concerned that the guy was just "using" the car and intends to return it. Verbally him and I agreed to have the car smogged once the title came in. Is there any recourse this guy can take against me? I have the bill of sale. It doea not say "As-is", but I am under the assumpation that all privately sold vechicles carry an implied "As-is" stigma. Please help

If the vehicle does not pass smog, you are responsible for the costs to get it too. Otherwise you will be making a deal to take back the vehicle.

I already knew that I was responsible for having the car pass smog. I meant, Is there anyway this guy can say he wants a refund because he doesnt like the car?

If you transferred everything legally the only way I can see he could make an argument was if he sabotaged the emissions. Of course if you lied about the cars condition and he could prove it, that would be a consideration.

Im transferring over the relesse today. Since the car was fianced I have to wait to get the pink slip, but other than that I told the guy upfront that a motor mount was broken and I could repair it. I did repair the motor mount but he said there is a sound when he steps on the throttle. But then again hr is pedal to the metal when he heard the sound

You can't sell what you don't own.
If you have a lien on a vehicle you can't sell it.
Why?
You can't transfer a clear title.
The lien holder owns the vehicle.
You simply rented or leased the use of the care, whether you call it a sale or a sail.
That said, I suspect the alleged BUYER will have some push back on a vehicle that is essentially useless.
If it can't get that smog sticker, it shouldn't be driven.
Unless I miss my guess, people don;t by 3,000 pound paperweights!

I paid off the fiance company and Ive talked to the DMV. Im clear of the vehicle but thanks for the remarks

The buyer was foolish to pay you before you had the title.
I don't see that you have anything to worry about, but the buyer could have problems.
When you get the title be sure to fill out the transfer portion and notify the dmv of the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back