Social services

Raymond morgan

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Social services is harassing me.

Can they legally tell me alcohol can not be in my household at all if child is in no danger?

Can they legally tell me alcohol can not be in my household at all if child is in no danger?

In a way, yes.
In a way, no.

If you disregard the sanction, I suspect your child will be snatched.

If your child is snatched, I'm sure you'll suddenly face some legal sanctions, too.

Beyond all of that, why would you do anything that jeopardizes your child being snatched from your home?

Being as social services does not go door to door to inspect the homes with children living in them for bottles of wine or the presence of alcohol, there is more to the story than you are sharing. Yes, if you are already under their watch, they can make no alcohol a condition of the child remaining in the home.

They can say it, but can't enforce it.

Other conditions would have to exist to justify removing the children and would also require a court order.

What's the whole story about why they're involved in your life to start with?

In a very few words: alcohol, alcohol abuse, alcoholism, child neglect, child endangerment, someone tips off child services, snooping, prying, poking, criminal activity, someone caught a case, children get snatched, free government money gets snatched too, all of that leads to pleas of "I want my babies back".

Back