1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Social services

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by Raymond morgan, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Raymond morgan

Raymond morgan Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Virginia
    Social services is harassing me.

Can they legally tell me alcohol can not be in my household at all if child is in no danger?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

In a way, yes.
    In a way, no.

If you disregard the sanction, I suspect your child will be snatched.

If your child is snatched, I'm sure you'll suddenly face some legal sanctions, too.

Beyond all of that, why would you do anything that jeopardizes your child being snatched from your home?

3. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

Being as social services does not go door to door to inspect the homes with children living in them for bottles of wine or the presence of alcohol, there is more to the story than you are sharing. Yes, if you are already under their watch, they can make no alcohol a condition of the child remaining in the home.

4. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

5. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

They can say it, but can't enforce it.

Other conditions would have to exist to justify removing the children and would also require a court order.

6. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

What's the whole story about why they're involved in your life to start with?

7. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

In a very few words: alcohol, alcohol abuse, alcoholism, child neglect, child endangerment, someone tips off child services, snooping, prying, poking, criminal activity, someone caught a case, children get snatched, free government money gets snatched too, all of that leads to pleas of "I want my babies back".