so lost

D

dmw2

Jurisdiction
Texas
I am very lost at this point. The other day I was delivered child support papers from a constable at my workplace. On the paper it mention mother and child's name. The mother I have not spoken to in well over a year. She never told me she was pregnant, yet I am not receiving child support papers. We simply stopped talking as she was messing around with other people and was a habitual liar. She has other kids with an ex husband which she collects child support from and lives off of as she doesn't work. I am getting a DNA test done before anything else. However, if it is mine by the slim chance that it can be, can I voluntarily sign over my parental rights? If so, will I have to pay child support as well. I do not want to pay child support nor care for a child who I never knew existed and the child never knowing I existed as I feel that would be too confusing for the child and would do more harm than good. Please help!

I am very lost at this point. The other day I was delivered child support papers from a constable at my workplace. On the paper it mention mother and child's name. The mother I have not spoken to in well over a year. She never told me she was pregnant, yet I am not receiving child support papers. We simply stopped talking as she was messing around with other people and was a habitual liar. She has other kids with an ex husband which she collects child support from and lives off of as she doesn't work. I am getting a DNA test done before anything else. However, if it is mine by the slim chance that it can be, can I voluntarily sign over my parental rights? If so, will I have to pay child support as well. I do not want to pay child support nor care for a child who I never knew existed and the child never knowing I existed as I feel that would be too confusing for the child and would do more harm than good. Please help!

I suggest you wait for the paternity results to be revealed.
If you FAIL the paternity test, you will PASS the child support issues.
In other wards, failing the DNA test will exonerate you of all paternal responsibilities.

If you PASS the paternity test, NOTHING you can do but pay the court ordered child support.

You MIGHT be able to sign away your paternal rights, however, that won't absove you of your financial obligations to YOUR child.

My advice, take it one step at a time.

IF you are proven NOT to be the father, the ONLY other way you won't be paying child support (or feeling the STING of NOT paying) is IF she can get another SUCKER to adopt the child.

Face it mate, she'll never get a SUCKER to bite on that bait.

Back