slander

Ranger

Jurisdiction
California
I cared for my 3 grandchildren, birth until oldest was 5yo. CPS took them stating my daughter was not properly caring for them. Court order states I allegedly committed lewd and lascivious acts on all 3 children. No evidence of molestation just "allegations" Police never questioned or arrested me, CPS never investigated. Five years later another daughter looses custody of her child. Wife and I were not considered for placement, that child was adopted. For 14 years allegations are still in family court records. I volunteered to fingerprint with the DOJ. No violations. Can I sue CPS or what steps to clear my name?

I suggest you discuss the matter with a CA licensed attorney.

It is unclear why multiple children of yours have lost custody, or where any of the other biological parents are in all this. If there is a court order, then there must have been a court action, such as trial, hearing, mediation, etc. CPS can recommend a child be removed from a home absent conduct rising to the level of criminal charges. You state no one ever investigated but clearly someone did as someone sought the court order. Courts do not draw names from a hat and issue orders to remove children from a home.

It sounds like all this happened 14 years ago, so it is unclear why you are trying to remedy it now. That 5 year old is now an adult.

Back