Sister seeking custody of 14 & 17 year old brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsieaiona

My 2 younger brothers are currently living with my mom and her boyfriend/fiance in Portland, Oregon. I currently live in Arizona at Luke AFB. I've been in the airforce for 3 years and im trying to get custody of my 2 younger brothers due to situations with my mom and her boyfriend. My brothers dont want to be there due to there living conditions and the environment that they live in, but i cant get a hold of my mother and she wont answer my phone calls. Is there a way that i can legally fight for custody of my brothers or is the only way for me to get get custody of my brothers is for my mom to sign them over to me?

you need parents permission

My 2 younger brothers are currently living with my mom and her boyfriend/fiance in Portland, Oregon. I currently live in Arizona at Luke AFB. I've been in the airforce for 3 years and im trying to get custody of my 2 younger brothers due to situations with my mom and her boyfriend. My brothers dont want to be there due to there living conditions and the environment that they live in, but i cant get a hold of my mother and she wont answer my phone calls. Is there a way that i can legally fight for custody of my brothers or is the only way for me to get get custody of my brothers is for my mom to sign them over to me?
the only way you can get custody is for both parents to agree to give you custody, otherwise, you are out of luck. you have no legal standing to sue for custody. and id tread carefully on this, or mom can refuse to allow you contact with them, and there wont be anything you could do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back