Sister Destroyed Aunt's (by marriage) Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb45

What kind of trouble can she be in? My sister destroyed a great aunt's will some years ago. Her husband was our dad's uncle and he passed a year before her. If I was to tell the truth my father would disown me. Last year when I asked her how could she do it her response was " I told you to get rid of the papers. You did it." much to my shock. We are tenents in common with a third sibling and dad has life rights and will share in dad's life insurance. This sister has little to do with us, only calls when she needs something, she got dad to co-sign the school loan for his granddaughter and he is now being harrassed by collections. Sis and g-daughter do not return dad or my calls.

Without proof, this becomes a she said, she said.

If I were you, I'd steer clear of this creature.

People like the one you described have been known to kill to shut others up or steal their stuff.

As you have reaped some benefit from these deeds, you might also be criminally liable.

You could speak with the local prosecutor, agree to wear a wire, and get her admissions of these misdeeds on tape. Sometimes prosecutors will give immunity for doing that and testifying in court against the crook.

we were in therapy sessions to deal with the issue of my sisters wanting a part of the aunts jewelry that I had. so the whole family knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back