sister companies using the others cba for payroll

brownie1up

Jurisdiction
Colorado
This is an ongoing occorance the two companies are owned by the same person however are handled as different entities payroll is handled also in the same manner.
We work under CBA's in most cities and if one entity has a job in a city that the other has a contract in we run payroll through the other entities name is this legal?
I also would like to ask if a urinalyses is not in the CBA does the company policy super seed the CBA?

question 1 = if one entity has a job in a city that the other has a contract in we run payroll through the other entities name is this legal?

question 2 = I also would like to ask if a urinalyses is not in the CBA does the company policy super seed the CBA?

answer 1 = Everything is legal until it has been declared to be illegal. If a driver speeds through a stop sign and a cop cites the alleged violator, the alleged violator goes to court, the violator receives a NOT GUILTY verdict from the judge, even violating a law can suddenly become legal for the alleged violator.

I suggest you take your question to your union rep, or have the union's paid attorney answer the question.

answer 2 = Things NOT in the CBA are addressed by local, state, and federal law.
If he law is silent on the matter, then employer can pretty much do as she pleases.

Back