Sister Arrested after case dismissed, is juvy possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimfly

My younger sister was cited for domestic violence and destruction of property in early September and was arrested in later September of 2008 for identity theft because she stole a wallet which contained Credit/Debit cards. All these charges were combined into one case and she was sent down to Juvenile Court, but not until January 26, 2009. She appeared several times and went to Pre-trial, but on March 6, 2009 the magistrate said her case was dismissed, and would be sealed and destoryed in two years. That night, (the same day her case was dismissed) she was cited for underage consumption of alcohol, underage cigarettes, and falsification (she told the police my parents were out of town.) This time, she is going to a "municpal" court. What is the chance that the dismissed case could be "re-opened?" And what kind of punishment should she be expecting? She is terrified she is going to go to Juvy because she really is a good studemt (straight a's) and absolutely loves school. She is also a fantastic athlete and is already in a Rehab group for previous drinking habits...Help?

Your sister has a LOT of problems! I hope her parents can see a pattern here and get her the help she needs.

I doubt they can re-open the previous cases, but she seems to have no problem creating new criminal offenses to deal with. Without knowing the state this happened in and the statutes under which she is charged no one can venture a guess at all as to what she could expect as a punishment. It could be community service or counseling, it could be juvenile hall time, who knows?

- Carl

Seems like your sister needs God in her life. As far as her being in alot of trouble, I would think so. Maybe she needs to talk to someone about her situation. My advice is to seek a lawyer. I hope this helps and I will pray for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back