Sister accusing father of sex. molestation (erroneously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kookysister

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina?

Sister lives in Florida, father lives in North Carolina, alleged abuse in Louisiana.

My sister claims that my father sexually molested her as an infant and up until she was 12 or 13. She also accuses him of genital mutilation, when in fact she had surgery on her clitoris because it was too large. Although she is not taking any legal action, as these are all "repressed" memories drawn out by psychics or hypnotherapists and "healers", she has caused a great deal of mental anguish within the family, and will no longer speak to anyone. Most would say good riddance, but she has really hurt my mother and father, and I want her to be held accountable for that.
Do I have any recourse against her for the defamation of my father's character to me and the rest of the family?

The short answer is, No!

The bar to your ability to file suit against your sister is called "Standing" or "Standing to Sue" which you do not have.

Standing is an individual's ability and legal right to initiate a lawsuit based on his or her stake in the outcome and to prove standing you must be sufficiently affected by the matter at hand and there must be a case or a controversy that can be resolved by legal action.

fredrikklaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back