singled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman44

I am a female in the state of tennessee and I need some advice. I have been working at my job for almost a year and recently got into a verbal argument with a guy at work. (I am one of 2 employees that are female.)We were brought into our managers office for a meeting, well as a result of this meeting i was told to move to a different shift or im fired. Is this discrimination because there were no repercussions for the other employee.

The fact that you happen to be female and the other employee happens to be male doesn't make this discrimination. Among the possibilities (off the top of my head) why your manager is requiring you to transfer that have nothing to do with gender are:

1. You were the person primarily at fault in this incident.
2. You have demonstrated prior job performance problems or difficulties getting along with co-workers.
3. The other individual's position/job skills are such that they are more critical or a transfer to a different shift is not feasible.
4. He has more seniority than you do.
5. Your boss just plain thinks you are difficult to have around and has decided transferring you to an off shift will make life more pleasant for everyone else.
6. He is in a more senior position than you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back