signing over child rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreox

I am from chandler az and have been with out a job for almost 2 years. I have lost my home, car, and well everything. I have been recieving child support letters wanting there money saying lean on property and garnishment of wages.... So I have a son here in AZ and a Duaghter in Germany who i am suposed to be paying child suport for but have not been able to. I have never seen my daughter, and for seven years now her mother has been married to another german citizen.... So can i sign over my rights of my daughter to her mother so i can stop paying child support on a child i may never see, and so i can focus more on paying my sons child support here in AZ?

I am from chandler az and have been with out a job for almost 2 years. I have lost my home, car, and well everything. I have been recieving child support letters wanting there money saying lean on property and garnishment of wages.... So I have a son here in AZ and a Duaghter in Germany who i am suposed to be paying child suport for but have not been able to. I have never seen my daughter, and for seven years now her mother has been married to another german citizen.... So can i sign over my rights of my daughter to her mother so i can stop paying child support on a child i may never see, and so i can focus more on paying my sons child support here in AZ?

Your daughter's mother and stepfather would have to agree to and petition for the adoption of your daughter by her stepfather. You cannot just sign away rights, children are not property that can just be penned away.

Please whatever you do, don't have any more kids. You can't afford the ones you already have.

I'm in Chandler AZ. Small world. If the child gets adopted by the stepfather you might be able to terminate rights but it is solely based on German law since they likely have jurusdiction. Dumping the chils solely to get out of paying child support is a shame but since you do not have any relationship with the child and the stepfather adopts you may be able to.

im not trying to bawn a kid

let me explain, im not trying to pawn a kid, i had a $60,000 year job as a subcontractor for intel, and was part of the 100,000 intel lay off. Since then i,ve worked for smaller companies making $10.00 hr and then they out source to other countries. So after lay offs and a folding stock market i,ve lost every thing, and am trying to do the best for my son here. This is a hard thing to even consider so LAY OFF WITH THE BETTER THEN YOU REMARKS...
And THANK YOU for those that have posted advice.

Good for you! I notice on a lot of these forum boards, people jump to conclusions and don't hestitate to insult. Obviously you are seeking advice, so therefore you are considering options and trying to educate yourself on the law - which many of us naturally do not understand because we did not go to school for it. It's like expecting a typical citizen to know how to perform open heart surgery.

I would focus on the AZ child and look up German law forums to see what the law is over there. Naturally a child's needs are not based on how far away they are from you, but if it comes down to you trying to figure out "which bill is most important" when you are unemployed ... I'd stick with the one here in the USA.

Good luck to you.

German courts would generally be used to try and enforce child support orders for large amounts of support. Have you received any notices from the German courts? If you can't pay, you can't pay. Do the best you can to provide for the child in your home. Don't spend time worrying about what could happen, concentrate on what is happening. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let me explain, im not trying to pawn a kid, i had a $60,000 year job as a subcontractor for intel, and was part of the 100,000 intel lay off. Since then i,ve worked for smaller companies making $10.00 hr and then they out source to other countries. So after lay offs and a folding stock market i,ve lost every thing, and am trying to do the best for my son here. This is a hard thing to even consider so LAY OFF WITH THE BETTER THEN YOU REMARKS...
And THANK YOU for those that have posted advice.

I also had a problem with people doing that to me what i asked for advice.....I hope you found what you were looking for and I know how you feel....the economy has not been stable for anyone. Good luck with everything!!

Thx army judge and colleenms... I will def. check out the german law on the issue.

Be aware that both Germany and the US are Hague Convention signatories - they WILL quite commonly enforce a child support order originating in the other country.

The fact that it hasn't already been (regarding your daughter, anyway) would suggest that Mom in Germany hasn't pushed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back