Shoved by a teacher in class - College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazmin

I was shoved by a teacher in college during class, is there anything I can do about it?

A lawyer wants to represent me, and file a government tort claim for $1,500. Which I have to pay up front, and would like opinions on that or any other options I can peruse.

Thank you.

Were you hurt? I (myself) would not sue. It's up to you. You could just report it to the Dean or someone in authority at the college. Someone else may come along with additional/other information for you.

Why were you shoved?

I was shoved by a teacher in college during class, is there anything I can do about it?

A lawyer wants to represent me, and file a government tort claim for $1,500. Which I have to pay up front, and would like opinions on that or any other options I can peruse.

Thank you.

I suggest filing a complaint against the instructor, if you believe the attack/battery was unwarranted.

Unless you are suffering from medical problems, I'd avoid a legal fiasco.

If I were you, I'd approach the Dean about arranging a mediation meeting with the instructor so you both can clear the air, understand why this happened, and get anger management counseling for the instructor, and anyone that played a part in this sad matter.

I agree that a civil suit without injury is probably going to be a case of throwing good money after bad. You also have the option of reporting the battery to the police. But, being a misdemeanor without any injury, it might very well go unprosecuted depending on the workload of the police and the local prosecutor.

I think the report to the college utilizing the mediation/complaint/whatever process that might be in place would be the best route to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back