Short Term Marriage Divorce??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaFeeVerte

Hello,
I have been married to my husband for a little over two months. Previously, we had been dating about 7 years. In the time leading up the wedding, I was having my doubts over the relationship but went through with it anyway. Now, I really regret my decision and am at a crossroads trying to decide what to do. We do not own any property together (no home, cars, bank accounts--except for a savings with no $$ in it), nor do we have any children. My only concern is that he may try to take my dog, which was given to me by his family about two years ago. How difficult would a divorce like this be?? Is this something I could file on my own, or would I need the assistance of a lawyer? He also has massive credit card debt, which was wracked up while we were dating. I don't want to get stuck with this (having him say it's my fault that he spent all the money) or his family coming after me for money for the cost of the wedding. Any suggestions would be helpful. :confused:

His family probably would not be able to sue you for the cost of the wedding. That is the risk you take when you pay for a wedding.

You would have to see a lawyer most likely only because you would want to stick the credit card debt to your husband since he racked it up. Otherwise you could have ruined credit.

See an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back