Shoplifting but no police

bking333

Jurisdiction
California
I was at CVS and put some items in my bag. One of the employees did not see me put stuff in my bag but they suspected and came up to me. They asked me about some of the items and I took it out and showed it to them and then paid for all of it. They asked me if i took anything else and I said no even tho i still had some things in my bag and then they let me go without getting any information from me. I think i was on video in the store. Will the employee actively search the videos? Also, I was wearing my school cross country sweat shirt so will they track me down through that? How long would it take for them to go to my coaches or school? I am really nervous right now.

Stop stealing, stay out of that store for six months, and this won't haunt you.

You paid, they took your money, and they let you walk.
You even kept a few trinkets you had stolen for trophies.
Be smart, just don't do stupid stuff, stop tonight.
Otherwise, sooner or later, cops will be called and you'll have ruined your record.

You definitely need to stay out of the store. Since they took no information from you, they "probably" will not pursue further. Stop stealing!

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Unless the store (you should not have named) has reason to look back over CCTV footage they likely will NOT. It is in your best interest however to stay out of the store (as suggested) for 6 months or more just in case.

Back