Shoplifting at Walmart

Luis

Jurisdiction
Florida
So back in 12/8/15 I was caught shoplifting a sweater of $14.50 with 2 other friends, Who took another 2 sweaters. Well they took us to this room, they took down my name, address, and how I looked. no picture was taken, they also asked for id but I did not have any. I am 16 years old. The process went by quick I was only there for about 20 mins until I was released. They did not call the cops or anything, they just told me I was put in Walmart database. That I could shop there again if I wanted to but if I took the smallest thing they would call the cops. I thanked them, shook their hands and left. 2 weeks later 12/24/15 I get a letter a "settlement offer" to pay $200. I've done a bit of research on this if I should pay or not. But I have not found anything concrete. Any advice? Should I pay or just ignore it?

So back in 12/8/15 I was caught shoplifting a sweater of $14.50 with 2 other friends, Who took another 2 sweaters. Well they took us to this room, they took down my name, address, and how I looked. no picture was taken, they also asked for id but I did not have any. I am 16 years old. The process went by quick I was only there for about 20 mins until I was released. They did not call the cops or anything, they just told me I was put in Walmart database. That I could shop there again if I wanted to but if I took the smallest thing they would call the cops. I thanked them, shook their hands and left. 2 weeks later 12/24/15 I get a letter a "settlement offer" to pay $200. I've done a bit of research on this if I should pay or not. But I have not found anything concrete. Any advice? Should I pay or just ignore it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Search this forum.
Your question has been ANSWERED 100,000 times more than stars in the sky.
Also tell everything about this sordid event to your parent(s).

Pay it. This could still be reported to the police and put you in deep doodoo.

Back