1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Shoplifting at Walmart

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by Luis, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Luis

Luis Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Florida
    So back in 12/8/15 I was caught shoplifting a sweater of $14.50 with 2 other friends, Who took another 2 sweaters. Well they took us to this room, they took down my name, address, and how I looked. no picture was taken, they also asked for id but I did not have any. I am 16 years old. The process went by quick I was only there for about 20 mins until I was released. They did not call the cops or anything, they just told me I was put in Walmart database. That I could shop there again if I wanted to but if I took the smallest thing they would call the cops. I thanked them, shook their hands and left. 2 weeks later 12/24/15 I get a letter a "settlement offer" to pay $200. I've done a bit of research on this if I should pay or not. But I have not found anything concrete. Any advice? Should I pay or just ignore it?

So back in 12/8/15 I was caught shoplifting a sweater of $14.50 with 2 other friends, Who took another 2 sweaters. Well they took us to this room, they took down my name, address, and how I looked. no picture was taken, they also asked for id but I did not have any. I am 16 years old. The process went by quick I was only there for about 20 mins until I was released. They did not call the cops or anything, they just told me I was put in Walmart database. That I could shop there again if I wanted to but if I took the smallest thing they would call the cops. I thanked them, shook their hands and left. 2 weeks later 12/24/15 I get a letter a "settlement offer" to pay $200. I've done a bit of research on this if I should pay or not. But I have not found anything concrete. Any advice? Should I pay or just ignore it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2015
  2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Search this forum.
    Your question has been ANSWERED 100,000 times more than stars in the sky.
    Also tell everything about this sordid event to your parent(s).

3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Pay it. This could still be reported to the police and put you in deep doodoo.

4. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member