1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Shoplifted

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by Kim44, May 31, 2016.

1. Kim44

Kim44 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    Hello. I am 15 years old and last week I was caught shoplifting at a store about $56 worth of clothes. There was no damage to the items, the tags were just taken off. This is my first time ever doing anything like this. I have not been given a court date yet.

Should I plead guilty or not guilty? There is this diversion program here in Hall County but I don't know how to ask for it. Thank you.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Before you can do anything, your parents must approve.
    I suggest you discuss your predicament FULLY with your parents or guardians.

After you've done that, please feel free to return to tell us what your they said.

I repeat, if you go to juvenile court without them, the court will inform them.

3. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

I asm a Retail theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You fail to mention if cops were called if not you may not have a court date

4. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

The letter from store (you should not have named)is about Civil Demand and unrelated to court.