She got Herpes from Her Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnnae

I have a friend who lives in Ohio. She's been married about 1 year. Her husband recently asked her for a divorce. Shortly thereafter, she discovered that he's actually living a double life and has been a practicing bi-sexual for several years. He never disclosed this information to her. She has found out that he's been taking trips out of the country for years to pay for encounters with transvestites. She went to the doctor to be tested and has found out that she has contracted Herpes. She's had to have surgery to have the warts removed, but the disease, as you know is permanently with her. As you know, AIDS and HIV have an incubation period of about 10 years. I want to know if she has grounds to have him arrested for giving her the disease. He knew he had the lifestyle before he married her and he never told her.

Divorce lawyers are not taking her case because she dosen't work. He makes about $350K per year base. Last year he grossed about $500K. But because it's not HER money, she can't get a lawyer. He's offered her a settlement equal to about 1 year's living expenses in a townhouse. She has to move out of her home!

Is that a felony? I know people are getting restitution for AIDS and HIV cases - they are essentially a death sentence. Isn't he responsible for what he's done to her? Can't she have him arrested for attempted manslaughter or at least aggravated assault?

Who does she turn to in these instances? I've talked to the police and they all say it's her divorce lawyer... but isn't the Herpes thing a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back