Sharing a bedroom

Singlrmom81

My ex and his fiance just rented a condo together. She has an 9 year old boy and 5 year old boy. Is it legal for my 8 year old daughter to share a room with the two boys being they are older and are not blood sibling

How is that legal???

How is it NOT legal?
The law in this country doesn't penalize people because some aren't as well off as others.
I know of one family that has only one bed in a one bedroom apartment.
The family is comprised of mom, dad, six children (ages = 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12), grandmom, and grandpop, plus dad's two sisters.
That's 12 people, and they do the best they can.
I don't encourage it, but its not outlawed either.
Sleeping isn't a crime.
Hanky panky might be crimes, but not all siblings rape each other, nor do all friends rape each other.

This question is asked weekly here and other forums. It is NOT unlawful for siblings or step siblings to share a room. This is usually an issue with EXes who are looking to hurt the other. You need to let this go and work on co parenting not how to stick to the EX. Your EX not giving you his address although not unlawful could be issue with courts. I suggest you request the address nicely saying lets not let the court get involved. Your issues are more co parenting than legal so let me direct you to a "Parenting" forum hosted by this site. There you can talk to other parents to see how they dealt with similar issues. Link below

My ex and his fiance just rented a condo together. She has an 9 year old boy and 5 year old boy. Is it legal for my 8 year old daughter to share a room with the two boys being they are older and are not blood sibling

Here's another one of the bedroom sharing questions...

Yes it's perfectly legal for them to share a bedroom. Yes siblings or stepsiblings or any kids of the opposite gender can share rooms. The only time it isn't is foster kids. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

The only reason people seem to ask this question is to find someway to get their ex in trouble. Do you have concerns about your ex's fiancé's boys? Have they made any advances on your daughter or anything she told you that concerns you? If so did you talk to your ex? If not, then what is the problem? How are they both older than her if she's 8 and they are 9 and five?

I swear there needs to be a sticky on this topic because almost weekly it shows up and I still don't comprehend why except that people don't get along with their ex and want a reason to be a dick to them. This topic just irritates me everytime I see it because never would I question kids sharing a room together unless there was a history of sexual abuse by one of them.

Is it also legal for him to not give me his new address to wherr my child will stay when she is over?there

What does your the court order state? Do you have custody or does he have custody? If it's not written into the order then no he doesn't legally have to give you his new address. If it is then yes he does. As long as you have a number to reach her at for emergencies and he can reach you that's usually all that's needed.

Where do you meet to drop her off if not at his home?

This question is asked weekly here and other forums. It is NOT unlawful for siblings or step siblings to share a room. This is usually an issue with EXes who are looking to hurt the other. You need to let this go and work on co parenting not how to stick to the EX. Your EX not giving you his address although not unlawful could be issue with courts. I suggest you request the address nicely saying lets not let the court get involved. Your issues are more co parenting than legal so let me direct you to a "Parenting" forum hosted by this site. There you can talk to other parents to see how they dealt with similar issues. Link below

Parent Nook Forums - Index page

I've gone on that forum and it seems like it's not very active though. In a lot of the forums.

What does your the court order state? Do you have custody or does he have custody? If it's not written into the order then no he doesn't legally have to give you his new address. If it is then yes he does. As long as you have a number to reach her at for emergencies and he can reach you that's usually all that's needed.

We have joint custody

We meet in pochatoula because that is half wsy between me and him

We have joint custody

Joint legal and physical or just one or the other? Honestly if it's not in your court order on custody then he doesn't have to give you his address. You can ask him nicely if you can have it but he doesn't have to do it.

So bottomline - he only has to give you the address if it's in the court orders and it's not illegal for children to share bedrooms. Ever. I don't know why you think it's illegal. I don't know why anyone thinks it's illegal or wrong. People like you who think it is have really sick minds.

Kids can share bedrooms, even if they are of the opposite sex. It happens all the time. A friend of mine has a 7 bedroom house and her two oldest voluntarily share, as they have their whole lives.

As far as notification of address changes and the like, follow your court agreement. If it is silent, you can ask, but he isn't legally obligated to tell you. Sometimes there is a good reason for this.

Kids can share bedrooms, even if they are of the opposite sex. It happens all the time. A friend of mine has a 7 bedroom house and her two oldest voluntarily share, as they have their whole lives.

As far as notification of address changes and the like, follow your court agreement. If it is silent, you can ask, but he isn't legally obligated to tell you. Sometimes there is a good reason for this.

My ex's twin sisters shared a bed until they were 18 one bed in their room (it wasn't big nor was their house) - one of them could have moved to the basement when he and his brother "moved out" but they didn't. Now they live across the street from each other.

Back