Shared parental responsibilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagmier

My ex boyfriend and I just broke up a month and a half ago after five years. we have a 2 yr old son together. My ex just filed for split custody. I was planing on hiring a lawyer to look over the paperwork before I sign anything. I have yet to fine a lawyer. well my qustion is in the paperwork it states that each parent is financially able to support damon when he is thier care. this statement is not true. My ex was the one supporting me all those years and now I have only been working for about 2 weeks now and I barly making ends meat. My ex make 3 times what I make. Is thier anything I can do about getting support from him to help me take care of my son?

Yes, you can do something. You need your own lawyer! And don't sign anything your ex gives you without having your own lawyer review it. You should be able to get child support if your incomes are so different. Again, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!

I don't know if you can still do this since he already filed, but I would call your local Child Support Enforcement Agency to see if you can open a case for child support now.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back