Service dog visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn1987

Can the landlord throw me and my service dog out if I'm staying or visiting my mom. Her lease says a person can stay in a two week bi monthly. There is no dogs allowed but he the treating to kick my mom out if he sees me and my dog. My dog is a service dog I told him, but he don't care.

Can the landlord throw me and my service dog out if I'm staying or visiting my mom. Her lease says a person can stay in a two week bi monthly. There is no dogs allowed but he the treating to kick my mom out if he sees me and my dog. My dog is a service dog I told him, but he don't care.

Long after you're gone, your mom could be faced with a lawsuit.
I suggest you work this out by boarding the animal or staying in a local hotel.
Your mother can be brought before a court for violating HER lease agreement.
It won't happen within the next two weeks.
It might never happen, but why put your mother at risk?

If this is a legit service animal, then it must be permitted.

But, it is not the tenant's service animal, it is a guest's. I am not sure if that makes a difference in this situation based upon VT law, but, it might.

If it is a service dog and not a comfort animal or a regular pet, what service is it trained to render? A Service Dog is capable of doing things it is trained to do for its owners. A comfort animal is something that provides no trained service but a doctor, usually mentally related certifies its presence is of mental benefit to the owner. A pet has no doctor certification it is nothing but a pet. Which is yours? The answer determines whether it is allowed. If it is a service or comfort animal, I suggest you show documentation to management of its status otherwise, mom is likely to be evicted.

Last edited:
I long for the day when tigers, lions, and bears, oh my; become emotional support animals. :eek:.

What has our once great nation and her people become? :dunno: :hugs:

There are animal sites devoted on how to get your doctor to declare your pet an emotional support animal so it can travel free of charge in the cabin of airplanes.

I long for the day when tigers, lions, and bears, oh my; become emotional support animals. :eek:.

What has our once great nation and her people become? :dunno: :hugs:

There are animal sites devoted on how to get your doctor to declare your pet an emotional support animal so it can travel free of charge in the cabin of airplanes.

I know, I know there are many abusers and liars, too.
The day will come when someone gets their boa, python, lion, tiger, alligator, or bear declared an ESA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back